The PIRANA descender offers multiple braking options and can be installed on the rope without removing it from the harness. Designed for use with canyoning descent techniques.
- Three different braking positions to select from before beginning a descent
- Two braking spurs allow friction to be increased during descent
- A carabiner with a cross section of around 12 mm (e.g. ATTACHE or WILLIAM) provides a tight fit in the small hole, creating a "rigid" carabiner / descender unit
- Stays attached to the harness during rope insertion, to help prevent loss
- Reduces the risk of leverage on the carabiner gate due to poor positioning
- The PIRANA helps prevent the formation of a lark’s head hitch around the body and reduces rope twisting, without decreasing braking friction